Educational Power of Lego Brick

“Lego is a range of construction toys first created by Ole Kirk Christiansen in the 1940s in Denmark. Beginning as a set of stackable, interlocking blocks, Lego has evolved into the company’s global flagship product of colorful plastic pieces that can be assembled and re-assembled in infinite ways. The blocks are so popular with children that LEGO has designed educational products and curricula, and teachers are using them in their classrooms. ”

(The infographic below brings to light the uses of LEGOs in education as well as a brief history of Lego Bricks).

The Learning Power of LEGO

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , by teacherstone. Bookmark the permalink.

About teacherstone

I am an assistant principal of a K-4 elementary school. I have taught grades 2nd-5th and served as an instructioanl technology coach for the district for six years. I am a NBCT, STAR teacher, and DEN teacher. I am also a technology adjunct professor at UAB Birmingham. I am currenlty working on my PhD in Educational Leadership and Instructional Technology Curriculum.

One thought on “Educational Power of Lego Brick

1. That’s a lovely infographic – I hadn’t seen it before. Did you come across the Bloomberg piece about the two-years of anthropological research that Lego did into how children play, in 2005? The big finding was that we’ve been seriously underrating the importance of gaining mastery in something by working at it for ages. I blogged about it (and Malcolm Gladwell’s 10,000 hours) here, if you’re interested: http://bit.ly/GIL0OF